Domestic Goddess! [Not]

So after my pasta making skills last night, I thought I would attempt a Cheesecake today :) Didn't think it would be too hard... How wrong I was. First off, I tried putting all the ingredients in a blender but the cream cheese was too thick and it just wasn't working so I had to scrape it all out into a bowl and whisk it by hand. There was a lot of mess and my hand was cramping after about a good - oh, I'd say... 5 seconds. 
Next, as I was pouring the mixture into the tin I realised there was waaay too much and it was not all going to fit.... As you can probably tell from the picture. Again, a lot of mess. Next, I thought I would just have to bake the cheesecake but as it turns out, the recipe called for a water bath - I couldn't really be bothered to deal with that so I looked up another recipe and just put it in the oven for the baking time that one called for. That didn't really work as it came out still pretty much liquid. I put it in the freezer hoping it would set but.... No such luck. I finally gave in and made the water bath. Wasn't as much of a hassle as I originally thought. Would have saved me a lot of time if I had just done that in the first place... That's what you get for being lazy! 

But, in the end, it came out really well! Well it didn't come out of the tin very well.... Me and my mum had to push and pull for a while. Almost resulted in a cheesecake all over the floor... But it was set and it tasted delicious! Nigella Lawson, eat your heart out! 

http://www.simplyrecipes.com/recipes/perfect_cheesecake/ - That's the recipe if anyone wants to make it. Learn from my mistakes and get a big enough cake tin and just do the water bath straight off the bat!

xoxo

Comments

Popular Posts