Lamb Curry, Pea & Goats Cheese Ricotta, and Thai Red Curry Soup

Catch up post!

I have made so many meals in the past few weeks that I haven't written posts on and I don't really know why. Instead of doing one big post trying to shove loads of different meals into it, I've decided to split my numerous meals into 2 different posts.

So to start off this two-parter, I give you... Lamb curry!
This meal was delicious. It is definitely one of my favourite that I've made and I made it again for my sister and her fiance when I went down to visit them in London. Its creamy but slightly spicy, and filling with soft bits of potatoes and tender pieces of lamb...
It smelt amazing when I was cooking the onions and garlic and the different spices... ginger and coriander and cumin and turmeric and cayenne pepper. If I could bottle that smell and sell it, I would make so much money. It does take a while to cook though - around 1hr15 minutes - so this isn't a meal that you can just pull together at the last minute if you're starving. However, if you have the time I seriously recommend you make this curry because it is so yummy.


Secondly: pea and goats cheese ricotta.
I don't know why, but a while ago I was really fancying something with some goats cheese in it. I think I was craving the goats cheese and feta cheese omlette from Wild Honey... Anyway, I was looking at different recipes online and came across this risotto recipe by Jamie Oliver. This is such a rich meal because of all the cheese and chicken stock and wine, so you won't need a big portion of it. Because of the way you make it, it does take a little bit to make because you have to add ladlefuls of stock and stir it in until its completely dissolved and then keep adding more, so again, its not a meal you bring together at the last minute.


And last but not least, thai red curry soup!
This was a really yummy, spicy soup dish that was great at clearing my sinuses! It was a great way to get some of your five a day in as well cause of the spinach and I added green beans instead of beansprouts which worked just as well! The only thing wrong with it was that I added too much fish sauce which overpowered the whole dish a little bit. But this would be such a yummy meal if you don't make the same mistake that I did!


This post took me a ridiculously long time to write... Probably due to the fact that I was being distracted by Ru Paul's Drag Race. That's a great show by the way, if you're looking for something new to watch!
Let me know how you guys get on with the meals if you decide to make them!


Comments

Popular Posts