Key Lime Pie!

I am done with my dissertation and have a month until the Diploma starts so what am I doing in my spare time? Baking! All the baking. 

I'm about to go make some scones but in the mean time, let me share with you my recent key lime pie recipe!


This recipe comes straight from Step-By-Step Baking by Caroline Bretherton. A great book! Loads of different recipes - sweet and savoury - with step-by-step pictures to accompany the harder recipes. 


Here's what you'll need/need to do.

Ingredients:
100g unsalted butter
225g digestive biscuits, crushed
5 limes
3 large egg yolks
400g can condensed milk

Method:
  1. Preheat the oven to 180C. Melt the butter. Add the melted butter to the crushed digestive biscuits and mix until well combined. Tip the mixture into a 23cm loose-bottomed tart tin and press the crumbs in evenly and firmly into the base and sides of the tin. Bake for 5-10 minutes.
  2. Place the egg yolks and the zest of 3 limes into a bowl and whisk with an electric whisk until the egg has thickened. 
  3. Pour in the condensed milk and continue whisking for another 5 minutes. Add the lime juice and whisk again. 
  4. Pour the mixture into the tin and bake for 15-20 minutes or until set but still with a wobble in the centre.
  5. Let the pie cool completely before eating. Serve with cream if you want.


This is a really yummy recipe and the pie came out really well! And yes, I basically did eat all of it by myself in the space of a week.

Let me know what you think in the comments!

Comments

Popular Posts