Belated Christmas Post! Houston, Lake Tahoe and Ayr

Yes, it's 2 weeks past Christmas, yes, I am only now just getting around to writing a Christmas post, and yes, it's going to be mostly pictures. 

I am a terrible blogger, I know. But better to slowly and belatedly get back into it than to just give it up altogether, right? 

This post is mostly just going to be pictures with captions because it is almost 10pm and I was at uni from 9-7 so I'm pretty tired and I'm already in bed. But if I don't do it now when I've got some momentum [even if it's very sleepy momentum], I fear I'll never do it!

I spent the Christmas period in Houston with a short trip to Lake Tahoe in California for a rather unfortunate attempt at skiing. Long story short, I fell under the ski lift after about half an hour skiing, hurt my knee and didn't ski again. Great first attempt! I then spent New Years back in Ayr in Scotland with the whole family. 

FYI, New Years Eve and jet lag don't really mix. I made Faith and John stay up with me until midnight and we watched the countdown on tv before briefly watching the fireworks out the window and then all went to bed. Everyone else had gone up hours before us. It was a very successful NYE.

And here are some pictures to illustrate that Christmas period! 

John, Faith and I in the snow in California.

View of South Lake Tahoe.

Mum trying to get in on a sibling selfie.

Selfie before we left back to Houston.
The prettiest Christmas tree.

The best way to spend Christmas morning... Hot tub, bucks fizz and a book.

Isabelle completely uninterested in taking a picture with me.

Finally got one!

So there you go! A short, photo filled post!

And I know it's late but I hope you all had a great Christmas and a happy New Year!

Comments

Popular Posts